With a market shifting faster than a time-traveling DeLorean, seller concession are back to the future – or present. Sellers are now lowering their prices and offering concessions to get their homes sold. Ask your loan officer about the 2/1 Buy-down and go back in time with the interest rate
- 2% lower interest rate the first year
- 1% lower interest rate the second year
How does the 2/1 Buydown work?
For the first year of the mortgage, the borrower’s monthly payment is based off an interest rate that is 2% lower than the note rate. For the second year of the mortgage, the monthly payment is based off an interest rate that is 1% lower than the note rate. In year three, borrowers return to the full note rate and corresponding payment for the remainder of the mortgage term.
Comparing Seller Concession Options
In this scenario, the seller opts to drop their price or offer a temporary 2/1 buy-down. The temporary buy-down option costs a lot less to the seller while providing a significant monthly savings to the buyer for the first two years.
Stress Free Home Loans
- You get a direct lender with in-house origination, processing, underwriting, funding, and loan servicing. Home loans and refinance is all we do, and we are masters at our craft.
- You work with a dedicated loan officer who has the loan programs and knowledge to meet the specific needs of borrowers at every stage of home ownership (first-time buyer, mover-upper, relocator, investor, home finance planner, and down sizer).
- We strive to be clear-to-close long before deadlines, beating industry close averages by weeks.
- You never have to listen to hold music, get passed around, tell your story more than once, or wonder what’s going on with your loan.
- If you get junk mail/email, it’s not from us.
BUY YOUR HOME FROM ANYWHERE!
The Intercap Homebuyer app can apply for a home from anywhere. Buyers can compare loan options, browse homes, submit an application, scan documents, and track the progress of their home purchase from their smart phone or computer.