Intercap offers loans for property investors and a network of professionals who can help you build equity and make money from rental and vacation properties.
Mortgages for Property Investors
- Intercap Lending provides 15, 20, 25 and 30-year mortgage options for one to four unit residential properties.
- Property investors can apply for a conventional loan. Other long-term mortgage options may also be available for your investment property.
- Investment property loans typically range from $50,000 to $2 million or more.
- Rental property loans usually require 20% down payment. However, if you are going to live in the home or on the property, you may qualify for as little as 3.5% down.
- In many cases, rental property investors can claim 75 to 100% of the rental income with a signed lease agreement.
Turn your current home into an investment property
If you are buying a new primary residence, you might want to consider renting your current home. In this scenario, you can still take advantage of rates and loan options for primary resident properties. In other words, you can keep your current home as an investment property without having to take out an investment loan. If you find a renter and get a signed rental agreement, you may be able to claim 75% or more of the rental income to demonstrate that you can afford both mortgages. There are other considerations, so please contact your Intercap loan officer for more information.
What does it take to be a landlord?
When you combine the potential benefits of appreciation, amortization, and rental income, rental properties can be a powerful investment opportunity. As with any investment, there are risks to consider. Support from rental investment professionals can help you mitigate these risks. Your Intercap loan officer may be able to provide local recommendations for the following:
- Investment Real Estate Agents
- Property Management
- Home Repairs and Improvement
- Tax Law and Accounting
- Short and Long-term Lending
- Lease Agreements and Legal Support
- Landlord and Rental Insurance