Down Payment Assistance for First-time Homebuyers in the Salt Lake City Area
Utah CDCU down payment assistance in Salt Lake County, Taylorsville, and Salt Lake City
In cooperation with the CDCU “Own in” Down Payment Assistance Programs (DPA)
Community Development Cooperation of Utah (CDCU) administers Down Payment Assistance for Salt Lake County, Taylorsville and Salt Lake City. This is a no payment no interest loan that is forgivable after a period of time. The funds can be used to cover the down payment and/or closing costs of a home purchase transaction.
Click button to apply or call one of our Utah Lending Specialists.
*Actual award amount is based on individual need and is determined by the CDCU on a case-by-case basis.
**Limited Funds are available for West Valley City, Sandy, South Jordan, and West Jordan. These funds cover all areas of Salt Lake County except Taylorsville, Salt Lake City. Please check directly with these municipalities for additional information.
Additional DPA program information and requirements available online at www.cdcutah.org
Community Development Corporation of Utah uses federal income guidelines to determine eligibility for its Down Payment Assistance programs. The table above shows 80% of median income in the Salt Lake County Metropolitan Statistical Area as of April 2021.
†Household income is defined as all income received by household members who will be living in the home, even if they are not on the mortgage.
- Applicants must be a first-time home buyer as defined by HUD & the household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Applicants must meet debt ratios, residual income, cash reserve, assets, and minimum contribution requirements. (Underwriting details available online and listed in the application)
- Applicants must complete a Homebuyer Education course & Counseling session (By a HUD approved agency)
- Applicants must be under contract (have an accepted offer to purchase a property) at the time of application
- Applications are first come, first qualified—no waiting lists, no funds reserved